Back to Normal

Tyler was watching Wild Kratts this morning.  In order to give Heidi a break, I climbed into bed with Tyler and watched TV for about twenty minutes. 

Quietly, Tyler said, "Daddy, I want you to get out of my bed."

"You want me to go?"

"Yes."

So, I left him watching Arthur while Heidi slept.

I slept in 6 long, and at 3:42 I woke up to a strange smell.  Then, the fire alarm went off.  I put on my shoes, got my camera, and ran out the emergency exit.  The fire doors were closed and I didn't know how to exit the campus.  Finally, I saw one nurse outside.  Don't they make everyone exit the building during a fire alarm?  Apparently not.  The fire trucks showed up and the security guards said, "Some truck was idling into the air intake.  We're just waiting for clearance from the fire department." 

Minutes later, the PA announcer said, "Code red is cleared." 

I didn't fall back asleep until 5:42 and then at 5:59 I woke up to get my day going.  Oh, they moved Tyler to the transitional ICU and he was not pleased about that and screamed for about 10 minutes.  He got his original suite, #8, and it reminded of him of pre-surgery and the memories haunted him.  It took a while to calm him down.

I think he's doing well, though.

Comments

Gabriela said…
We are keeping Tyler and both of you in our prayers. God is so good!
Blessings always,
Gabriela & Radu

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons