Needing a Village

Danny is doing awesome!  He might not totally agree with that statement as he can't walk, but all in all, is doing great!

Today we dropped off Scott and headed to the store, library and post office.  He survived it!  Amazing!  He is totally off his pain meds.  It will not surprise his surgeon since he thinks Danny is a little crazy and has a high pain threshold after his last surgery.  I will never forget when Danny was cleared to do whatever with his hip, he decided to ride his bicycle to his first therapy appt.  I think the therapist only had him come in 1 more time.

As for the rest of us.  We need to take lessons from Danny.  I thought Kira was teething all last week.  She had a little fever and diarrhea but worst of all would wake up and be in pain.  Not just a little, but a lot.  Like not allow you to hold her, throw her tiny body on the floor and roll around screaming.   It was hard.  I realized how lucky we have been with her.  When she is not herself for a week I went crazy.  I become an emotional, tired, impatient person.  I didn't know if she was sick or becoming a difficult child overnight.

Thankfully, she started feeling better. Tyler came down with a high fever and diarrhea which actually made me relieved that Kira was indeed sick.  Stopped his lasix and took it easy.  Tyler did nothing for two days.  I got a much milder case.  Ears and throat hurt and had a constant stomach ache.  Luckily Scott and Danny got very few symptoms.  


So this is the best part of the story.  When I was tired and needed a break, that is exactly what I got!!  All weekend friends helped.  Brought our kids to park and brought us dinner.  I used to have a really hard time accepting help and now I try to embrace it.  I realize I can't do this alone nor should I.  Having a sick child forces you to learn this lesson. The best part of having others help you is that your love for these friends grows and desire to do service in the future increases. 

It truly takes a village to raise a family and I feel blessed for the wonderful village that the Lord has and continues to bless our family with!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons