A change

Tyler has had a change of attitude.  Previously, he would wake up with a scowl and growl, "Where's my iPhone?"  And he would complain, whine, and scream all day, despite having the iphone. About three days ago, he suddenly turned into a sweet, charming young man.  We are unsure of the reasons behind the change but are really enjoying them.  This morning, he bathed with Kira.  He said, "Kira went poopy in my bed."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, a big dump."  That's my boy.
 A cupcake Tyler decorated at Erin's birthday party

 Kira at Scott's soccer game

Scott scored a goal and this was the first soccer game I went to.  
  
How am I doing?  All things considered--specifically, my left PAO--I am well.  Still, I have a lot of pain down to my kneecap in the form of paresthesia.  Why don't I take pain meds?  Because they were making me psycho:  aggression, anxiety, and nightmares.  So I don't take anything.  Also, the circulation is poor so when I stand up, all the blood goes down to my foot and stays there.  The extra pressure is uncomfortable. And my right leg is always cold as a result of the poor circulation.  

I also have to fight depression because I'm used to being able to do anything.  You know, you just wake up, stand up on your own two feet, and start being productive.  I can't do anything without my crutches, and I've learned how to hold things in both hands and negotiate the crutches, but it's still hard.  My left leg is weaker after the PAO and balancing on it isn't that easy.  

I'm still grateful to have the challenges we have.  Some people hate their jobs.  Some don't have jobs but want them.  Some hate their spouses.  All other aspects of my life are good.  It seems we have had to pay a lot of dues to the medical community, and that's fine.

We are grateful to those who have helped us:  meals, childcare, lawn services, and visits.  Thank you!



Comments

Dan-o said…
It was fun to talk for a few minutes tonight. I'm glad you're feeling better and going to get to go back to work pretty soon. Don't over do it in the meantime!
Jim & Robin said…
Danny, sorry to hear you are in pain and hope you're soon off the crutches.
Robin and I just learned of Jacquie's situation on Tues. Very sorry to hear about it and hope she is doing as well as can be expected. We miss you guys and you are in our thoughts and prayers. Tyler's change is a nice ray of sunshine! You guys hang in there and give Jacquie our love. We send you ours.
Lindsey Anne said…
Danny I knew you were writing as soon as I read the "dump" comment from Tyler. That made me laugh out loud! Way to persevere through the pain without meds. I hope it gets feeling better.
Adam and Lisa said…
Danny, you're so tough! I'm sorry to hear about your recovery process, but it sounds like you're staying positive. You guys are amazing. We've been praying for you and hope all is well! Love ya.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons