3 Weeks Old

I can tell that Kira will be my second easiest baby. Tyler gets the cake on difficult after his sludge/stones tummy pains for 6 months, Scott was chill and Miss Kira is chill with a little bit of fussy. Mommy McMillan is diagnosing it with not liking the fire hose vomiting thing and a minor case of colic. 5pm to 8 pm is the worse. She scrunches her little legs up and is just uncomfortable. It is sad to see. The medicine seems to help with not spitting up when she lays flat. She spits up like a normal child now. It took a couple of friends to tell me her vomiting was beyond a little spit up and she probably has colic at night. I think everything is just fine and dandy after Tyler and Carl until people tell me her behavior isn't normal. What would I do without friends? The worse part is to see her in pain and at night feeding her, burping her and everything coming up just to start all over with a hungry baby. I guess any routine takes too long at night when you want your beauty sleep. If it doesn't improve by 6 weeks, maybe I will request an upper GI to give me peace of mind that there is nothing we can do to help alleviate the problem except wait. We shall see. We are grateful that is all that we have to deal with.

As far as motherhood with three goes, I am loving it!! The boys relationship is getting closer and closer. They are sleeping the in the same bed right now and it is fun to hear them talk and play before going to bed. Eventually Scott tells me to come in and tell Tyler that he needs to go to bed because his brother is tired. The downside of sharing a room is that the boys never get the sleep they need and it usually results in added fussiness during the day. We need to do a better job at getting them down to bed earlier. I love that they are such good friends and so close in age. It is so great having two of the same sex in a row. So fun to see their relationship grow.

I feel like I have my time with Kira when the boys are playing. Scott was difficult because everything was so new. We were serving in the spanish branch so didn't have immediate friends and play groups to go to that Mormon Mommies are so blessed to have in wards. I know wherever I go, I will have immediate friends from church with kids which is such a wonderful feeling. When I went out with him, I planned how long I would be out, where I would nurse him and if I could do it. Now that is all so second nature. It is such a wonderful feeling to realize you can just go and worse comes to worse use a t-shirt from the car with some fancy knots if you run out of diapers. I have only done that once with one of my children and it wasn't Kira.

So I feel I am on cloud 9. I have four wonderful children. I have felt Carl close by lately for some reason which is such a wonderful, humbling feeling. Sometimes it brings me to tears to realize that he is close by and watching out for our family. I no longer envision him to be a baby. I envision he is in the spirit world working and with loved ones. I can only think I feel him more because we have such a new spirit in our home. I can only imagine that she is surrounded by numerous angels. I love being a mom. I love the increased love and joy you feel with each one. I have energy and feel wonderful. It is amazing!! I didn't feel great during my pregnancy, so now I feel I can conquer the world. We are doing a lot of fun things and taking advantage of how easy it is to haul a newborn around. They don't get into anything. All they want is to be held, rocked, burped changed and fed. I love how she looks at me. It is priceless!!



Comments

Julia M. said…
Heidi, it brings tears to my eyes to read how much you love motherhood. I love it, too!

I know for Phineas I haven't been eating dairy (seriously, no milk, cheese, cream, ice cream) or chocolate, and it seemed to help his screaming episodes quite a bit. Even now that he's 3.5 months old, if I have any dairy or chocolate he is fussy the next night. So Easter Sunday I had too much chocolate, and sure enough Monday night he was awake every two hours screaming. It's so rough! I don't know if Kira's sensitive to that stuff, but it's worth a shot if you want. She is beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons