Honoring Two Angels

I was talking to a longtime pediatric cardiologist who I highly respect. We had an interesting discussion about support groups. He pointed out that many longtime group members are those with severe conditions. He says it becomes problematic when these groups are constantly grieving over the loss of someone in their extended "heart family". I understand and respect his viewpoint and can see how this wouldn't be beneficial, but wish he could comprehend how angels have blessed me. He said that faith is an important element of that which I couldn't agree more to. I wouldn't change the fact of knowing any of these children, no matter the length of stay they have on this earth. Although I am not part of a support group in this area, I have come to know, adore and been strengthened and uplifted by numerous heart children and their families. Many are in Intermountain Healing Hearts. It has been nothing but a humbling, uplifting and testimony-building experience for me. This group is unique. Many understand and gain hope in an eternal plan, understanding the divinity and miracle of their heart child. As these heart children depart from this life, their families and all the lives these precious angels touched are drawn closer to God. Mercydez's family talked about becoming better, not bitter, through the departure of their beautiful girl. That touched me. All the children in this group have made me a better person. Two of these angels, whom I have learned from, admired and loved from afar, will never be forgotten in what they taught me: the miracle of life. I was touched by their inner beauty and the miraculous love of God and His eternal plan. Mercydez and Avery returned to Heavenly Father this week. I was touched and uplifted by their families' love for their children and Heavenly Father. My heart and prayers go out to their beauiful families, but I do gain peace that Mercydez and Avery helped their families become more heavenly and helped others draw unto God.


Angel MercydezHer parents wrote, " How grateful I am that Heavenly Father found us worthy to have an Angel in our midst. This Angel endured every one of her trials. She endured well. Her body was perfect. Her spirit is perfect.We will honor our sweet baby. We will honor her by living the way she lived. Although this will be a long road, we will walk it with dignity, love, kindness, honesty, patience, and faith. We know there will be moments of deep sorrow and loss. We will allow ourselves to feel while keeping our eye on the big picture. We will become better not bitter."


Angel Avery

"Avery came down from heaven for just a brief visit on March 10, 2009. She came and left us, both on the same day. She didn’t have to be here long to touch our lives forever."

Thank you Mercydez and Avery for making me a better person!

Comments

carolyn q said…
I totally agree with what your Pediatric Cardiologist said to you. Even though I am an Angel Mom it is very hard to see others join that rank as I have come to love and pray for these families. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking, but then I would have to deny knowing that God's hand helped form this group. It can be so hard and yet at the same time there is a feeling of love between members (which includes you) that I am so grateful for in knowing that no matter what the situation we find ourselves in, you are not left to carry this burdon alone.
I am sorry if I am not making any sense because I am replying at 2:40 a.m., but for some reason I awoke with the need to check your blog.
(Hugs)

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons