Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Father's Day

To the best daddy in the world!!! Before having Scott Danny said he wanted his children to know his family always came first no matter what he was doing in life. He has accomplished true selflessness when it comes to being a wonderful dad and husband. Scott shopped for Dad's presents and was so proud to deliver them to him. He got him ties, shirts, candy, a book that he calls "Dad and I" and some other fun stuff.


I made a scrapbook page with a poem for Father's Day that reads, "If I could talk one of the first things I would say is "I LOVE YOU"! I love you for being worthy and willing to bless me in times of need. I love you for teaching my Spanish. I love you for throwing me high in the air which always makes me laugh. i love you for comforting me at night when all are asleep. I love you for playing trains, planes and automobiles with me. I love you for playing the piano to soothe me. I love you for always finding time to read to me. I love you for sharing your food with me. I love you for taking great pictures of me. I love you for loving mommy. I love you for working so hard for our family. I am so blessed to have the best dad in the entire world! I hope you never forget how very much I love and appreciate you dad! Love, Tyler.

My dad is also one of the best dad's and 'pops' in the world. He did everything for his two girls growing up. He would work all day and come home to cook, clean, do homework, volunteer for our many activities and so much more. He is now the best Pop to my two kids. They adore him and have so much fun with him when I am at work. I am so blessed that my kids get to learn so much from my dad. Scot picked out this bath from the garden store for Pop. I think i looks like Scott. It is from an artist who sculps the simple pleasures and beauties in life which are the children. Scott loves to work in the Garden with Pop. Happy Fathers Day Dad!! We love you!

Happy Father's Day Glen. Danny has so many of the wondeful traits he has a dad and husband because of his dad. I am forever in debt to Danny's parents for helping mold Danny into the person he is. Danny loves fixing problems and working on projects just like his dad. Glen is a great dentist and passed on all the thinking and fixing skills to Danny so that he too would be an excellent clinician. Danny loves his profession which is worth millions to me. We love you Glen. Happy Father's Day.

6 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

You sure know how to bring out the teary, hormonal side of me. Such a sweet blog. You have so many great men & boys in your life :)

Julia M. said...

What a fabulous tribute to Danny, your dad, and Glen. I love your boys' smiles! Tyler is getting so big, too. I bet you're so proud of him. The picture of Glen and David with Scott was taken at our house--we need new curtains and lamps, don't we? :)

The Simmons Family said...

Happy Father's Day! That was a great entry! The pics are adorable!! Sounds like you are surounded by wonderful men in your life and what amazing examples to your two tiniest men! :)

Unknown said...

Heidi, are you driving down for Laurel's thing? Let me know ASAP.
leahbonner@gmail.com

Thanks!

The MacMizzles said...

That is so nice of you. I loved celebrating fathers day too. Happy father's day Danny! I hope you all are well.

Angela said...

That was very sweet. This is Angela, married to the other Daniel McMillan. =) I was wondering if I could get your father in law's email address. I'm curious about some family history. Thanks, and you have a very handsome family.