Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tylers Update

Some December Pictures



The HIDA scan results came back showing that there is a blockeage leading into the bile duct, however, it was unclear with what is causing the block and where it is. One would think that it is not a congenital defect such as a narrowing, since he wasn't jaundice from the beginning and is instead something that has grown and pushed against his liver causing the sudden problem and jaundice. The next step would be to do an invasive diagnostic test, such as a liver biopsy. They want his heart and liver team to work together. We are off to UCSF tomorrow to do blood work, another ultrasound and go from there. The clinic is normally closed so we are very grateful they are taking Tyler and running these tests STAT which hopefully mean they will figure out the problem tomorrow. Heart cath is still planned for tuesday so we shall see. Keep little Tyler in your prayers.

7 comments:

Hollyween said...

Wow. I've learned so much in the medical field that I never knew before. I'm so sorry about poor Tyler and hope they can figure out why there's a blockage.

I will definitely keep your family in my prayers. Good Luck!

Cherity said...

Heidi! Thanks for finding my blog! I'm so sorry about your little guy! He's adorable, and we hope you guys will pull though this. Good luck with everything!

chloe said...

Heidi...those pictures are adorable! I know he's got a lot of health problems, but he sure does look like such a sweetheart.

Heart Mommy said...

Your boys are soooo yummy, I wish there were no bumps for our boys, but, you are such an example of how to stay positive through them... Thanks for all your sweet comments..I am hoping for Tyler... We will be thinking of him and saying little prayers for him too!!!! Brynn

Julia M. said...

I love the pictures! Good luck with the tests. We'll keep praying for you!

liz said...

fingers crossed for you guys all goes well!!!

p,s, he is so dang cute. he looks a lot like you in the smiling photo!

Jill said...

Your boys are sooooo adorable!
You guys have amazing strength and endurance. I pray for you guys!!!