Monday, January 28, 2008

Church



So Danny and I go to church and hang out in these little rooms most of the time listening to the talks over the intercom so that Tyler and Scott are more protected from the bizilions of germs there. I feel bad because Scott used to love going and playing and singing with his little friends in nursery, but I know we will get back to those days before we know it. However, I don't think Scott had anything to complain about today. He fell asleep in the room we sit during Sunday School and we couldn't help but take some pictures. Church was so great today. It just gives me the boost I need for the week. We talked about finding a balance in all things and the importance for kids to have free-time to be kids. I love getting ideas from other moms who have so much experience and always come away feeling uplifted. Annie, one of our teachers, who I love, shared this amazing poem about treasuring every moment with the ones you love. I felt like I was able to understand just a small bit of what this means prior to bringing Tyler into UCSF for his liver. I didn't know if he needed liver surgery and wasn't sure when the next time he would come home with us was and I held him extra tight that night and cherished my time with him more than usual. I love this poem!! It was written by a husband who lost his wife from an airplane crash in Brazil killing nearly 200 people. Thanks for sharing it Annie.

If I knew this would be the last time I would watch you sleep,I would hug you tighter. I would plead with the Lord to protect you.If I knew this would be the last time I saw you walk out the door,I would hug and kiss you and call you back to hug and kiss you one more time.
If I knew this would be the last time I would hear your voice in prayer,I would record every gesture, every look, every smile, every one of your words,So that I could listen to it later, day after day. If I knew this would be the last time, I would spend an extra minute or two to tell you, "I love you," instead of assuming you already knew it. If I knew this would be our last time, our last moment, I would be by your side, spending the day with you instead of thinking,"Well, I'm sure other opportunities will come, so I can let this day go by." Of course there will be a day to revise things,And we would have a second chance to do things right.Oh, of course there will be another day for us to say, "I love you."And certainly there will be another chance to tell each other, "Can I help with anything?"But in my case, there isn't one!I don't have you here with me, and today is the last day we have—our farewell.Therefore I would like to say how much I love you,And I hope you never forget it. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, young or old.Today might be your last chance to hold tight to the hand of the one you love and show all you feel. If you are waiting for tomorrow, why not do it today?Because if tomorrow never comes, you certainly will regret for the rest of your life Not having spent some extra time for a smile, a conversation, a hug, a kiss,Because you were too busy to give that person what ended up being their last wish. Then hug tight today the one you love, your friends, your family, and whisper in their ears how much you love them and want them close to you.Use your time to say,"I'm sorry," "Please," "Forgive me,""Thank you,"Or even,"That was nothing,""It's all right," Because if tomorrow never comes, you will not have to regret today.The past doesn't come back, and the future might not come!

1 comment:

Kerry Hoaglund said...

I love that last line! So true! I love reading your blog. It's so inspiring!