President Hinckley



President Gordon B. Hinckley, the 15th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints died last night at the age of 97. He was the President since 1995. I am so grateful for his constant love and teachings. He was always full of optimism and faith. I know that his teachings will live on forever. Although he will be greatly missed, I know that he is in a better place.

These are some of my favorite quotes,

"There is no end to the good we can do, to the influence we can have with others. Let us not dwell on the critical or the negative. Let us pray for strength; let us pray for capacity and desire to assist others. Let us radiate the light of the gospel at all times and all places, that the Spirit of the Redeemer may radiate from us. In the words of the Lord to Joshua, brethren, "be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God [will be] with thee whithersoever thou goest" (Joshua 1:9).

"I plead with you to control your tempers, to put a smile upon your faces, which will erase anger; speak out with words of love and peace, appreciation, and respect. If you will do this, your lives will be without regret. Your marriages and family relationships will be preserved. You will be much happier. You will do greater good. You will feel a sense of peace that will be wonderful."

"The gospel of Jesus Christ is the way of peace. To the extent we follow it and incorporate it in our lives, to this extent will we be blessed and prospered. What a wonderful thing it is to be involved in this glorious work. Let us rejoice in our great opportunity. Let us serve with gladness."

Comments

Julia M. said…
I love President Hinckley, too! I also appreciated your inspiration from Church. Hooray for Tyler on rolling over! That's such a big step!!
The MacMizzles said…
I love your tribute to Gordan B Hinckley, I admire him so much, the second quote is outstanding, I am a passionate person at everything I do, when I am angry I am full of passion as well. Thank you for the words.
Kerry Hoaglund said…
He was an amazing man. He will be sorely missed.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons