Lake Powell 2021

This year for the McMillan family reunion we went to Lake Powell.  It was us, my parents, and Boy's family.  Scott and Tyler had been at EFY the week prior and my parents drove them down to Wahweap, where we met them.  We left on Sunday morning and spent the night in St. George, UT.

Rest stop along 5 south

  
Mister enjoying his new tube at the hotel pool.  The breakfast was real nice:  waffles, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and OJ.  Nice setup!




We stopped at the St. George temple, which seemed to be under construction.  It looks like they're closing down the cross street the same way they did at the Salt Lake temple.  




Scott got some pretty sweet shots with his drone.  We got some footage of his RC boat for the instagram channel too.  








Mister got up on two skis.  I didn't get a photo because I was pulling him.  My dad was like, "Is he really gonna be able to do this?"  

I said, "He's determined to do so.  I'm surprised he didn't get up his first try."  After he got up and went for about ten seconds, he fell down and was done.  He still felt good about his run and I was pleased.  








I pulled five of the kids on the tube behind Afterburner.  They had a great time.  


Blake caught a pretty big striper



A storm materialized and dumped about an inch of rain while blowing severely.  We tried to depitch the tent and cover it with the rain fly but everything got soaked.  Here is our pitiful attempt at drying out the stuff.  


Blake had a pretty good trip.  He enjoyed the kneeboard and wake surfing





Even the old man learned to wake surf.  Scott filmed me because he was sure I was gonna fail.  I don't know if he was disappointed or impressed.  


Tyler finally got the hang of wake surfing.  He had a rotten attitude about it towards the beginning of the trip.  Finally he decided that he was going to just do it and had some pretty good runs.  







Heidi picked up wake surfing pretty easily



Kira did not really master wake surfing.  She kept a good attitude though.  



I taught Scott and Tyler how to drive so they could pull me.  Scott thought it was stressful.  My parents' Mastercraft does not handle well at idle.  


We visited the Grand Canyon on the way back.  Somehow when I was a kid it seemed more impressive.  It is an amazing place though.  



 
 

It was a fun trip.  A lot of driving, a normal amount of fighting, no major mechanical problems and no health scares.  I'm glad to be home.  

Comments

DavidandJuliann said…
Awesome trip! Great to be with your wonderful family!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons