Sunday, March 29, 2020

Small business and Community

Brentwood has a lot of small business owners.  Everywhere has a lot of small business owners but we are a little farther from San Francisco and San Jose skew our economy somewhat.  It is so sad to see so many of them shut down or working minimally.  Restaurants are being creative, people are putting services online that they can, but they are still effected and many will be for months to come. It is so sad to see.  My heart aches or the anxiety it causes.  Danny and I felt a twinge of that.  A very, small twinge compared to others, but it just makes me sick to think of the people who are up at night stressed or scared.

A stimulus package came out that I hope helps and gives relief.  I think in time, our economy will recover and in the long term it will be ok but sometimes that doesn't give immediate relief to moms and dads who are just trying to make ends meet.

The coolest thing of it all is being aware and helping others in need.  Seeing people organize groups to help the seniors shop, helping support small business when possible, patronizing by ordering online.  It is really cool to see a community come together as far as small business goes.  Our family are small business owners so I feel like we have been more mindful of that but it has helped us tremendously to be even more so.  If I can get art supplies at the local shop instead of amazon, I will try to do that because that is helping our community members, that is helping put food on someones table.

I was talking to someone about living the law of consecration.  I see people who are employed that are going out of their way to support others at this time who aren't.  If we all truly lived that way it would be a pretty incredible world.  I can do better at that. 

No comments: