Weekly Review

On Tuesday we did school in the morning and then went to the Bedford Gallery in Walnut Creek.  I tried to get friends to come along since it was a free day but a lot of them are doing a robotics class.  It is a small art room so I thought we would stay about 30 minutes and ended up staying an hour. It was all about inflatable art and really fun.  Hanna liked seeing some inflatables that were floating and would blow up and down.  They were colorful and fun.  They even had an art project for the kids to do that was decorating a balloon.  The best part of homeschooling is being to go out and do fun things with your family.  Afterwards we went to Heather Farms to play.  There were some home school families and some little kids there.  Parker loved going down the hill.  Over and Over and Over again! We had lunch and then headed home to get some presents for Tyler's birthday the following day.  Went to Walmart and Target and headed home for dinner and Karate.  The kids were troopers but we were definitely all spent by Target.  I was stoked that they price matched a Lego set that was on clearance at Walmart and I saved $50.  Wahoo!  Always love the deals. That night I ran the kids to karate and then went to Cindy's who was hosted a baking night.  I saw the Watt's on the way so finished their walk with them and then headed to the baking night.  I am blessed with so many great friends of all ages.  We had a lot of fun and ate some yummy treats.  Perfect to compliment me trying to start excercise this week.  LOL!  Jeff came home looking like he saw a ghost. Something was horribly wrong and we left not knowing what happened.  It turns out Cindy's dad suddenly passed away.  I felt soo horrible for her.  My heart just aches for her.  We love her so much and I can't comprehend her loss.  For a long time it was just her and her dad.  He raised her until he got remarried and was an incredible dad and grandpa. 










Wednesday that kids had their first day at Vista Oaks.  They were both excited.  Kira goes to three rotations.  She does art, math games and activities and a STEM wheel.  She had a lot of fun.  Blake was excited to be with his friends.  He has Ethan, Chase and Jace in his class.  I think it really helps that he is a 2nd grader in a 1/2 combo.  It gives him confidence. He was excited to volunteer to be the reading helper for his side of the room and be able to help kids.  It is funny how your perspective changes.  The old me would worry about my kids being in a combo class and now I realize how often it is to be on the learning side and giving side.  The skills of working together.  He was happy when I left and I was so grateful for such a difference compared to last year.  He is a totally different kid.  He still has a long way to go but I give so much thanks that he is happy.  They did a yoga/meditation class after their class and had a lot of fun.  YAY for a great first day.





While they were at school, I really wanted to take advantage of the time with Parker and Hanna but of course it seems like my days always fill with something. We were running around trying to buy things and prep for Tyler's family birthday celebration that night.  We went to the dollar store to get some last minute things, headed to Willy's to bring him lunch which we got to late since it was early release day.  I felt sooo bad but he was so gracious for the fun lunch and treats when he got home.  That is what I love about Tyler.  He is always so grateful for just giving a little effort to make him feel special.  We went to pick up Kira and Blake at Vista Oaks and went to yogurt pizzazz to celebrate the first day of school and Tyler's birthday.  They had a great time.  Afterwards, we started a mini-medical co-op that Oli put together in Discovery Bay.  It was an information day and Blake shut down in the middle,  He started getting stressed when they started to talk about the subjects that he didn't know about.  We went to the hall.  Parker was crazy like always.  That kid can't sit still.  It was time to go outside and the kids had fun doing the chem lab.  They had to put together different elements using little models.  Tyler wanted chinese for his birthday dinner so we picked some up and headed home for birthday dinner and family fun.  The boys had scouts but decided to skip it so we could just hang out at home.  Tyler got a star wars lego, fortnight onesie, some games, candy and some jeans that are all torn apart.  Who would have ever thought of that fad.  He said it was his best birthday yet but he says that every birthday.

He is a maturing.  He is doing well in school.  He is a really great friend.  He is patient and kind.  He likes all of his classes and enjoying middle school.  I wish he would chill just a little at home but he is trending in the right direction. I know this is going to be a great year for him.  He is healthy and we are all so blessed.  I stayed up way to late prepping for our first co-op the next day.  We are doing a history and science co-op with a couple friends.  Preschool, 2-3 and 4th and up.  I am doing ca history with the older kids.  We did a timeline of some significant events we are going to talk about this week and they had a good time.  It is with great families and great kids so I am excited for the year.

 Thursday, I signed up to do my advisor meeting last minute so I was getting together all our paperwork for the meeting and having the kids fill out their packets.  It was a rushed morning and off to co-op we went.  It was a lot of fun.  The older kids did amazing.  Hanna like music time.  Parker didn't do much.  Grrr...that kid just can't sit still.  It is hard to entertain him while the other kids do their schoolwork so I am still trying to figure out how to manage balancing Hanna and Parker with Blake and Kira.  Grateful we put together the co-op.  I think it is going to be a great year.  Afterwards we went to the park and hung out and then headed home to relax a little bit and go to karate.  I went to Scott's volleyball game and he did so well.  They are a really young team but have improved so much.  It was fun watching him try something new.  Super proud of him.  He is having fun.  Tyler even wants to try it next year.  I am going to sign him up for a volleyball class with the City and see if he likes it.  I think he would enjoy it since it isn't too cardiovascular. That night I went out to dinner to celebrate Angela and Chanel's birthday.  Busiest week ever.  We went to BJ's and had a lot of fun with Karen, Maria, Valency, Chanel, Stacy and Angela and stayed out way too late.  I got home around 1 and Danny can't figure out what we talk about for so long.  I can't either.  I was tired.  Too much on my plate this week.

Friday we did school in the morning and then headed to the beach.  LOL about having too much on my plate.  It guess I just can't miss out on fun and friends. I decided to pick up my boys from school and take them out early and we had a lot of fun.  Poor Tyler had a stomach ache and the older boys were done way before the younger kids.  Hanna loves the sand and beach.  She plays by herself, plays with parker, rolls in the sand and plays with the kids.  It is so cute.  Kira hung out with the older girls.  Tyler went in the water and built in the sand.  Scott talked to the adults most of the time.  He is inbetween the kid/adult world.  We headed home just in time to unload the car, clean up a little, grab a little to eat and head to Blake and Kira's belt ceremony for karate.  They got their orange belts.  They both really like karate and it is so convenient.  Blake has grown so much and so proud of both of them.  





Saturday I was a speaker at youth conference.  I was matched up with Braeden who just got back from his mission.  We talked about Europe.  It was a lot of fun.  We played Kahoot and did European trivia.  The kids went to different rooms learning about different missions from different continents.  There was a great speaker who got baptized in the ghetto of Oakland.  I told the kids that this is what your mission is about.  That you will be immersed in a different world than what you are used to and it will help you grow, gain empathy and understanding.  It was fun talking about Europe.  I realized that the Lord really does send us to the perfect mission.  I listened to a lot of missionaries from different countries in europe and they were all so different and unique to their region.  The kids had a great time and I think it was spiritual for them.  The best part of the day for me was I finally got over my fear of using technology int the class.  Ethan came and helped me in the morning which I was so grateful for!  Then today in my Relief Society lesson I used technology again.  We listened to President Nelsons 95th birthday celebration and it was so powerful.  I have never once used it in my class.  I have taught gospel doctrine for 4 year and always so scared.  What a blessing to finally get over that fear. I feel like a whole new world opened up to me! 

I came home and got ready for my Relief Society lesson but toward the end realized I prepped the wrong talk.  LOL!  Danny had ward council this morning and I read the other talk and found the video and I think it was a good lesson.  We talked about protecting our kids and our homes and not letting bad things come into our homes. I am so grateful for our ward.  I really do love so many people in our ward who love me and my children.  Got home and Heidi got into Cindy's home through the back door to clean it before she got home so I went there with Heidi and Bridget and we cleaned her home.  The kids quickly packed at night and they went straight to san luis so it felt so good to be able to help her come home to a clean home and just bring a little peace and joy to her.  We love her so much!  It feels so good to serve.  Tonight we played reverse charades which Tyler got for his birthday and had a lot of fun.  Overall, super duper busy week but filled with a lot of fun and good things.

Looking forward to a little more relaxed week ahead.  One of my friends is getting diagnosed for ADD and kept telling me how I definitely have ADD because I go about 100 miles a minute.  I had to pick up something at her house late on Friday for youth conference and she told me how ADD people procrastinate everything and then hyperfocus to get things done.  YUP!  Definitely sounds like me.  ADD Heidi signing off at midnight. LOL!

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons