Tyler's BD and such

Kira's into having her hair done.  She asked for [French braids] and I didn't know how to do them.  I told her I'd have to watch a youtube video.  Then, in church, Megan was doing French braids on Malie and I learned how to do them.  My first attempt was pretty ugly, but you gotta start somewhere.  This was my second attempt.  I'm still not that good at them and it takes a while, but I had to take a picture before Kira took them out.  Her hair's not quite long enough to do two braids and merge them into one, so I did three separate ones.  




Tyler celebrated his birthday by having a sleepover.  More like a NO-SLEEP over.  I think the kids had a good time, though.




The piñata was popular even though it was too heavy to support its own weight on the hook.  The kids ended up smashing it on the ground.




Our new neighbors are great.  Our kids take turns jumping on each others' tramps.  They just climb over the fence like this.  Here they are enjoying some fudgecicles and popsicles.  Mmmm.


Yesterday we went to the redwood valley railroad at Tilden park.  It's been a while since we've been there.  I always like that place.













This is the little farm at Tilden park.  It was fun until Blake had a meltdown.


Last stop was the Oakland Temple visitors center.  They showed us the new "meet the Mormons" video and then Parker started to melt down.

We finished the day by eating at Mi Pueblo.  The kids were kind of wired but the food was good.  We even had a little left over.  


We got Kira this Trek Mystic bike on craigslist.  She probably could have used her 16" bike for another year but I've been searching for several months for this bike in pink, and when it came up in Stockton for $35, we had to get it.  Kira loves it.  She was telling me about it and then when I started to film, she thought I was taking a picture.  But she was so cute I had to post this.



Comments

Julia M. said…
Could your family be any cuter?!
Chelle said…
Nice job in the French braids! Those are HARD until you get the experience. I remember trying to do Dutch braids on Siena. They took Forever and they didn't even look that good. Glad Tyler had a good bday! Yay for good neighbors too! It's so fun when you can have relationships like that.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons