Callings

One of the most amazing things about the church is that ordinary people keep it running.  I love that we all have callings to serve on another, grow, learn knew skills and get to serve alongside people with different talents, skills and personalities. 

I have now served in every auxiliary in the church and loved them all for different reasons.  Relief Society I love because I love serving other women.  When I was called to be over homemaking back in the day, something I have zero skills with, I learned how the Lord always blesses you with people who are AMAZING to serve with.  I learned what committees and callings are all about....letting everyone serve with their strengths, unique abilities and talents.  

Compassionate service is my love language. I still have great memories of throwing together baby showers and the blessing of organizing funerals.  Families coming together from all over the country to honor a family member. It is a really unifying and humbling thing to be a part of.   Visiting all the sick and afflicted who I grew to love.  There is perhaps no better calling of service and love.  

I didn't think I would love primary, but I DO!!  Primary is so much fun.  I learned primary songs, I got to teach kids, I got to be a fly on the wall and watch my own children grow and progress.  It was perhaps the most fun calling I had.  I have never been in primary as a child so it was such a wonderful program to be a part of.  

Cub Scouts Administration... To be honest, didn't love it but learned that I need to be more organized.  Definitely not my strong point or what I love doing but I survived. I would much rather be working with people than doing the paperwork and organization, but someone has to do it.  Glad for all the talented secretary's and organized people in life!! 

Young Women is such a unique calling because you grow to love those amazing young ladies.  My young women are now on missions and doing amazing things in life.  You really do feel like they are a part of you.  You learn so much from their strength and love and faith.  

Family History.  Something I love.  Something I want others to love.  Something that really does give you strength beyond your own.  

And now I get to teach Gospel Doctrine and be on the enrichment board.  Our enrichment leader is AMAZING!!  Has an amazing heart and love for women.  What fun to work with her and the other board.  Gospel Doctrine is so much fun! I get to teach alongside an amazing teacher and man.  I look forward to the weeks I get to teach.  It is fun and such an amazing gift to dedicate time each week to prepare for the lessons.  It makes me realize the power of really preparing for lessons.  You get so much more out of it and I am usually not great at doing that.  I have grown to love the New Testament this year.  I have grown to love Paul, John, Peter, Christ and so many of his disciples. They are amazing men and women!!

It is such a selfish calling because it doesn't take much time away from your family, which is a blessing right now with young kids, and something that give you such strength and knowledge and the spirit.  I LOVE it!!  Grateful for my calling!





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons