Parker Update

Parker is such a great baby!!  He is 3 weeks old and doing great.  He is a good eater, up to 9 pounds at his 2 week check up and we are so in love with him.  The kids love to hold him.  Scott attempts at diaper changes, Kira strokes him and holds him and Tyler is so sweet with him.  Blake calls him Baby Parker and loves him but is acting out quite a bit which could be a result of not being the baby or moving or turning into a strong willed 3 year old.

Parker sleeps most of the time.  He makes noises and grunts when he is up and loves to look around. He will sleep through anything and anywhere.  We went to the jelly belly factory when he was a couple of days old because the kids were on break and he did great.  He hangs out at the park, my work and is held and adored by all. He is an easy addition to the family.  He sleeps pretty well at night.  Is usually up 3-4 times at night which is pretty typical of my kids.

So grateful for all the help we have received.  I realize with every kid I am more and more willing to receive help and how grateful I am for my friends who love him, hold him and help me.

We just adore him.

My labor was pretty easy.  Danny gave an update and here is my version.  I decided to go the hospital around 2 because I was having back pain and just didn't feel great.  When I got there, I was a 4 and my blood pressure was too high so they admitted me.  Had a hysterical OB who wanted to break my water and have the baby in 30 minutes but after consulting with the pediatrician decided to give me my 4 hours of antibiotics for group b strep.  So we walked around the halls trying to get me to progress, but I knew that nothing eventful would happen until my water broke.

4 hours later I was a 5, had my full dose of antibiotics and the doctor came to break my water.  I asked for an epidural which he thought I didn't need because I would have the baby in no time from my history.  I asked him if he ever went from a 5-10 in 30 minutes which he said I could do but which I didn't want to do without drugs.  In came the anethesiologist which I thought paralyzed me.  Sharp, shooting, horrible pain in my leg.  Half my body got numb and my legs were so numb but my other side wasn't numb.  I was just glad sharp pain went away.

About 30 minutes later doctor came in to say I was ready to have the baby.  I had to push for what seemed like forever (probably 15 minutes) and had the baby.  Nobody had sympathy when Danny and were saying that this was way longer pushing than past babies because it was still pretty quick but I could feel nothing.

Afterwards, Parker was great.  He fed great.  He looked great.  I felt great except for annoying numbness which eventually wore off.  My pain was minimal.  I took a shower that morning which always makes me feel so good and was ready to leave.  My ob released me but I needed to wait until 4pm to get his bilirubin blood work before pediatrician released him. Everything went well that day.  Our nurse was one of Danny's patients moms so that was kind of fun getting to know her.

Everything is great with Parker.  He will have an echo at 3-4 months to make sure is heart doesn't have any minor defects.  He will meet with a urologist at around 4-6 months because he has a condition called hypospadias. His urinary tract is not totally centered so a urologist needs to look at it and decide if he should circumcise or repair.  Everyone who has looked at it thinks they might just leave it because it is pretty minimal but we shall see.  It is always amazing at all the minor things that can go right or wrong when a baby is forming.  I guess this is the number 2 birth defect in boys occurring in 1/300 boys.  Hearts is probably #1.  After reading literature on it, so grateful and fortunate it is not more severe.  We feel very blessed for his health and for great doctors in our area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons