Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The caboose

Baby McMillan is Due March 20th. Kira's birthday is March 20th and Blake's March 21st.  

I am finally started to feel normal.  I realized I didn't feel sick at all at Disneyland and it made me so happy!  My thyroid of course went crazy at the same time as my pregnancy which made me want to sleep all day long.  I feel like it is better, but labs showed it was still off, so I might have to take meds. We shall see.  With every pregnancy my body is falling apart.

This fall, I really decided to simplify life.  I didn't sign up Kira for preschool and haven't done sports (except for occasional swim) and it has been so nice!  I feel like I am finally ready to get back into things so I will look for preschool for Kira, which I am sure she will love and maybe gymnastics for dance for her.  I used to think that more was better and I have realized in life that having some down time and months to just relax are needed and wonderful for the entire family.

Other than that, things are going well. I have only had 2 doctor appointments so far which have been uneventful.  The kids came yesterday and it was fun for them to see the baby on the ultrasound.  I saw a perinatologist who was my doctor with Tyler so it was really fun for him to see Tyler doing so well. Doctors are always so amazed with Tyler and I always like for them to see hope for these kids.  So far the heart looks good.  We have our big ultrasound in a couple of weeks.  I am not too worried.  I realize that our kids will be blessed with immense love and we will make it through whatever the future has in store.

We had to wait a long time for me to get labs and the kids did well. Thank goodness ultrasound was closed for the day and the kids had a whole section of hospital without people.  When I was done, Blake was upset he didn't get a turn at getting blood work. It was pretty comical.  The kids blew up balloons and had a great time playing with them and playing hide and seek.  We somehow managed to have a good time waiting.

Danny and I really feel like this baby will complete our family and it makes me excited. Excited not to be pregnant again and excited to someday in a couple of years actually be out of the baby stage. Someday Tyler will need a new heart and I can't imagine going through that journey with a baby so feeling very grateful that his health has been so good during these years with young kids.  The Lord really has blessed us in that way.




3 comments:

Chelle said...

Good to see you writing again Heidi! I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. Sorry about your thyroid though, that is no fun. Hopefully if you do need meds they'll help with the energy level. That is great that you and Danny are on the same page as far as being done. This baby has made me want another one so bad!!! I am going to miss the baby days. Hopefully this baby will come before due date so the bdays can be spread out a little. Love ya!

Julia M. said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on another baby. I hope you start to get some energy soon. I love the idea of simplifying. It's the best thing, ever!

Janine McMillan said...

That's pretty amazing that you will have three children with birthdays so close! So glad that your health is getting better and that you have more energy, and glad that you can make adjustments with your time to cut back when you need to. But I'm not going to lie--we're pretty excited to hear about the untrasound results!