Mr. T turns 7

Mr. Photogenic turned 7 last Thursday.   We celebrated at the Clayton Skipolini's with Pop, Heather, and her kids.  I'm really proud of Tyler because although he has a short fuse, he seems to have a lot of insight that other kids his age don't have.  Like, he talks about the future a lot.  He enjoys sports.  He seems to have friends at school and is doing well academically.  When we rode bikes to school on his birthday, people wished him a happy birthday and he looked them in the eyes and said with a smile, "Thank you."  




Heather got him a razor trike (like a big wheel) with unfixed rear casters so he can drift.  He also got some legos, clothes, a helmet, nerf gun, pocket knife, tape measure, and RC helicopter.  About the knife--the boys were real into carving pointy sticks on our camping trip so Tyler asked for his own knife.  I wanted to get him a Swiss-army type but China Freight didn't have any, so I got him a lock blade that used box cutter blades.  Heidi thought it was too dangerous, so she bought him a traditional type pocket knife.

While we were in the van, Tyler cut himself.  Which knife was he using?  Yeah, the less sharp one that Heidi got him.  I chuckled to myself because in Boy Scouts, we learned that dull knives were more dangerous than sharp ones.  When I was seven, I got a soldering iron.  I burnt myself lots of times.  I'm surprised my parents let me do stuff like that.  Well, half the time I bet they didn't know what I was up to.  Mom told me about the time I was three years old and went missing.  She drove around the neighborhood and found me at the railroad tracks with little bike.  I liked trains and can still remember what that crossing looked like.

Anyway, Tyler has brought lots of happiness to our lives and we are grateful to have him.

Today was the primary program and all the kids did well.  You never know what you're gonna get with that program because the kids are so innocent.  One kid was singing with a small group and during the song said, "SING LOUDER?"  Another kid couldn't hear the leader's whispers and said into the mic, "Blah blah blah blah blah."

Comments

Chelle said…
He def is Mr. Photogenic. And it's not surprising he has such insight, considering all he has been through. I'm glad he had a good b-day. I laughed at the Primary program stints by the kids. That's what makes it so enjoyable.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons