Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not again

I was all ready for Tyler's surgery tomorrow.  Then Heidi called to say that something came up in the surgeon's life and he couldn't do the surgery.  So the surgery is canceled.  Weh.  Bah.  Phooey.  Daaaaaaaa!  Heidi and Tyler are on their way home.  I am quite disappointed because last time we were all ready, they postponed it.  There have to be good explanations and reasons for all of this but hearing this news agitated me.

I feel like standing up on a soapbox and ranting, but I'm in healthcare too and I don't have all the answers anyway.  I just feel like we're getting a big run-around that's becoming inconvenient.  But I am glad to see Heidi and Tyler again.  Since I can't ride my motorcycle to UCSF, getting out there is a timely deal.  I actually considered getting a collapsible cane, putting it in my backpack and riding the VFR to UCSF.

What would my orthopedic surgeon say?  He'd say no.  Then I'd ask, "What would you do if your kid were in the hospital?"  I'm pretty sure he'd say, "I'd do what I wanted."  Right.  Still, my muscles are weak.  I have had a lot on my mind and I feel like Heidi, the kids and I have done a good job of managing, but now I am unraveling.  Okay.  That's all for now.  Daaaaaaaaa, I could yell!

10 comments:

Heather said...

So sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the emotions that you must be feeling. Sending you and the family lots of love.

D-dawg said...

What?? I'm so sorry. I don't get why they can just put you off on something like this.

The Simmons Family said...

I am so sorry. I can't imagine the emotions.. I would be angry, then frustrated, then sad that Tyler went through all of the pokes for nothing! :(

cici said...

Unbelievable!
I know God has a plan for the right timing. Stay Positive, after throwing some dishes. ;)

DCRomney said...

Oh my goodness, so frustrating!!! So when is the reschedule?!?!

allison said...

I'm a couple weeks behind on your blog & so much has happened. I'm so sorry about the hospital situation. We had a reschedule, but only once & it turned our lives upside down. But nothing you can do about it. Bummer. I would be really frustrated in your shoes too. We'll be praying for you guys. I know everything will turn out just as it should. Hang in there, you have a lot of people routing for your family!

Jacki said...

Bummer. How's Tyler? The surgeon should call you personally!

Adam and Lisa said...

Oh man, that's frustrating! I'm sorry! But we've been praying for Tyler and the surgeon, so maybe it's better this way. Maybe the surgeon wouldn't have been able to perform well tomorrow. Who knows. I hope it all turns out well. We love you guys!

Dan-o said...

Sorry Dr. M. That would be frustrating. I hope that they can quickly reschedule and get this big step behind you all! Good luck. Might need to go throw a TV off the roof or something. Careful with that hip though.

Anna and Ryan said...

I'm so sorry Danny and Heidi. I can't even imagine the horrible roller-coaster ride you guys must be on emotionally. It's so absurd that they would reschedule. We've been thinking and praying for you and Tyler.