Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Snug Harbor



Danny and I wanted to go away for my 30th. The original idea of going to Monterey or Napa with Danny sounded fun but not the perfect. I found the perfect little cabins on the water for the entire family. I was so excited hoping it would be a relaxing weekend with a kitchen, warm shower, cute cabin with fishing, a playground, sandy beach area and enclosed camp site for the kids to roam would actually be as dreamy as it sounded. Well, it was! It was SOO fun. I loved every minute of it realizing how great my twenties have been and how great my thirties will be. Each decade truly becomes more rich and full of love as my family grows in so many ways. The weekend summed up my greatest joys...my family! No agenda, no plans, no urgency, nothing to do....just hang out with each other and do whatever we pleased or didn't please to do at the moment. This is my dream vacations.
Arriving by Ferry. We went to church and left on a much larger ferry. I will post pics later. The boys, including Danny loved the experience. Pretty cool. It would just go back and forth to pick
up cars.


Snuggle Inn #9. Upstairs was a loft where the boys slept, hung out or did gymnastics on the mats. Downstairs was our room, the kitchen, family room and bathroom. Inside was just as nice and cute as the outside. Scott liked watching the boats go by.



This is for Grampy...we thought how much Danny's dad would have loved this trip and thought of him everytime his identical twin fishing boat, the Afterburner, passed by.
The beach. The kids loved jumping in and out of the water over and over and over again. Kira loved playing with her brothers. It is so fun to see her interact with them. I love seeing sibling relationships form.





Kira loved to hang out on the deck. We would be inside and she would wonder outside just to get fresh air. Here she is enjoying the marshmallow's during smore time.
Easter Egg Hunt. I didn't hide all of the candy. I left some of it in a plastic bag and Scott comes running out, "I got the jack-pot!" He found my unhidden candy and was sooo excited.


Fishing. I sat with Scott one night for over an hour and he asked me all about my childhood, mission, marriage, etc. It was a moment I will never forget.


And of course we played with the RC toys. Tyler kept doing flips that he was excited about. Scott did a couple but the bandit didn't flip as well. The boat was fun and everyone had a great time.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy happy birthday Heidi! What a fun trip you took. Maybe Keith and I will end up on the bay for sailing this summer and a chance to see you! We will see . . .
Best wishes for year #30!

Julia M. said...

Happy Birthday! What fun. You have such a great family! Kira looks so darling in her swimsuit! I love baby girls. :)

Amy W said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! That sounds like a perfectly dreamy way to spend your 30th! What a cute family!

melita said...

Happy Birthday, Heidi. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. You deserve it!

Unknown said...

This looks SO FUN! What a hidden gem. Thanks for the idea of somewhere fun to go. =)