Stake Conference

We had a great stake conference.  Mike Chapman was announced as our new stake president.  It was fun getting to know President March the last few months as Scott prepared for his mission.  I grew up with Mike. He and Marci will be great leaders.  We are so lucky to have such incredible families in our area helping build this amazing community we have.  

We had two general authority 70 come to reorganize the Stake.  My two favorite quotes came from the Friday night session.  I think Elder Sabin said (it could have been the other general authority), "It's harder to be 95% in that 100%."  I think that applies to everything in life.  If you do it, do it well and do it with intent!  The gospel is no different.  It is so hard when we let 5% of how we live our lives or feel conflict with the other 95%. 

Elder Sabin talked about how when his 15 year old daughter got a double lung transplant a year after his son had passed from the same disease.  She said, "It doesn't matter if I wake up with new lungs or in a better place."  She was reminding her dad that all was well and to keep an eternal perspective.  

It was an edifying conference, especially coming after stake conference.  I have goals to attend the temple more frequently and live my life with a Christ centered perspective a little more.  So grateful for my relationship with my Savior and His gospel on this earth!  Grateful for the beautiful area we live and amazing people who surround and support our family! 







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons