Sunday, April 28, 2024

DALS 2024

I spent my Saturday at DALS, our league finals for Northgate Swim.  It was finals for Varsity in the morning and Trials/Finals for JV in the afternoon. A lot of Scott't friends from different high schools swam in the morning and I was able to cheer them on which was a lot of fun.  It is great to see kids doing what they love amongst friends.  That is what brings Scott and Tyler the most joy with swimming and me as well.  I made it to about half the meet and Tyler and Danny came for the JV meet in the afternoon.  Tyler wasn't feeling great but he still got a best time and had a lot of fun.  I love these kiddos and love watching them improve, be with friends and cheer each other on.  

I did Tuesday mornings this year and the second week the kids wanted to go in the weight room which ended up being so much fun.  We I got the routine down by week 3.  We put on music and everyone had a good time.  Afterwards, we would work on starts and turns which everyone needs.  I think we'll keep the tradition and momentum going next year.  It was something different and great for team bonding and working on stretching, strength, starts and turns which everyone needs.  It is easier to get to know the kids since they are out of the water.  A lot of them have never been in the weight room or just being introduced to it so it was a lot of just learning to do motions slowly and correctly which is a valuable skill for all.  Overall, I had a great time being with them once a week.  


No comments:

2024 STATE

  Tyler went to CIF State in the Para Division.  He got a best time in his 100 free and said he was doing so well in the 50 and then totally...