Fasting

Three of my kids fasted today.  They decide how long to fast for and if they want to but we encourage them after baptism that fasting is a great way to draw closer to God and see miracles.

Today Scott, Kira and Tyler all fasted for breakfast.  I was so proud of them.  At the end of the fast I asked them what they fasted for and they each said for my shoulder to heal.  I hurt my shoulder a week ago at work to the point I can't do anything.  I can't lift it at all.  I am doing everything 1 handed.  Even moving my body or touching it hurts it.

I woke up on Monday morning and my shoulder was so much better.  It didn't touch it to hurt it.  I could lift it a couple of inches.  It was a total miracle.  I know it was because of the fast.  I told people at work and they of course thought I was somewhat crazy.  I am soo grateful!  I can't explain how grateful I am. I thought I would go the rest of the summer in pain.  I thought for sure I would need surgery.  I was pretty certain I was going to be miserable and not be able to enjoy my kids, holding my baby, getting all I needed to get done around my home, coaching.  The list is endless because of the pain of my shoulder.

Well prayers and fasts were answered.  A couple of life lessons.  Fasting works.  Prayers are answered.  I need to start taking care of my body.  I have not exercised in who knows how long and realized I need to take care of my body.  I take my health for granted.  It is something I need to be more grateful for.  I was humbled with a reminder of how danny lives with constant back pain.  He often reminds me how he just can't do as much or as fast because of his pain and I realized waking up without pain is a miracle. 

So I am grateful today!  And hopefully the rest of the month, hopefully year and forever. 

Comments

Chelle said…
Oh I loved reading this!!! So sorry about your shoulder—how did you injure it? Pain is miserable. That’s so awesome your kids fasted and that you could see the results of fasting and prayers. Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons