June update

We are happy that Parker can be awake without always crying.  He even smiles and laughs here and there.  Kira has been a great help to him but she struggled to be by herself at church and the gym.  She was real clingy and cried a lot, which made church and the gym difficult.  Then one day, she said, "I'm done crying."  Nice.  


The other day, Parker slept through the night.  It was amazing.  He still sleeps in the swing, and the batteries it came with have died, so I put on a Duratrax 3 Ah 7.2 volt NiMH battery pack with alligator clips.  I would like an AC adapter instead, but we don't have one of the correct voltage and I'm not willing to purchase one.


Scott had cub scout camp at the stake center all week.  He went from 4:45-8:10 and the theme this year was Knights of the Round Table.  He enjoyed shooting the BB guns the most.  On Thursday, he hosted a sleepover with some of his friends from scout camp.  I set up the tent in the backyard and we lit a fire in that little kettle and they roasted marshmallows and made lots of noise.  At ten, I told them it was time to come in due to quiet hour.

I went to bed an apparently, they were up until midnight.  The next morning, a little before six, they were jumping on the tramp and making lots of noise.  I had them come inside and play the Wii just so they wouldn't bother the neighbors.  I was afraid that due to their lack of sleep, the kids would be emotional disasters but they weren't too bad.

I was glad that Scott had over his friends.  I remember going to sleepovers but not hosting them.  Well, maybe one for my tenth birthday.


Blake is still having the hardest time with Parker's arrival.  Blake has been averaging at least one tantrum per day.  When he's with me, and discovers that Mommy isn't around, he'll go nuts and leave the house or gym to find her.

We are observing our drought restrictions.  If we don't cut our water consumption by 35%, they penalize us.  We are already below the 11000 gallon cap but I don't want my trees to die.  The grass is somewhat alive but mostly yellow.  Okay, that's all for now.

Comments

Chelle said…
Sounds like both Kira and Blake are in need of some one on one time. Lots of love. It's amazing how hard of an adjustment it is for some kids to have a new baby. Siena totally wigs out. Scott's sleep over looked like fun! He is quite a little social butterfly it seems. Interesting about the water rationing. Hope the trees don't die!
Janine said…
Hooray! So happy that Parker slept through the night. Do you think he looks like Heidi? He's so cute! Can't believe he's already 3 months old. Yes, it's so hard for the kids to adjust to a new baby. Good luck with that. Excited to see you this Saturday!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons