County Fair and Tractor Pulling

On Saturday we went to the County Fair.  Danny was stoked about the tractor pull, Heidi was less than stoked.  We just went at night because we had a meet and work in the morning.  We had some time to walk around so we looked at, pet and fed all the animals.  That was my favorite part. Kira loved the animals.  Scott and Tyler liked them.  Blake was amused by them.  I was fascinated in asking questions about Dairy Farming in California.  The tractor pull was about what I expected. It started at 7 which was late and a little slow paced for the little ones attention.  Luckily the grandstand had a huge area under the bleachers where Tyler, Kira and Blake could run around and entertain themselves for 1.5 hours.  Danny and Scott seemed to be enjoying the show.  It is listening to engines, which Danny loves so that made me happy.  Demolition Derbys are more fun for me.  Maybe we'll do a rodeo next for a redneck outing.  I decided to take the younger kids to the car and on the way back we stopped in at the train exhibit and kids exhibits which were really cool.  It was welding, wood, electrical, etc projects. What a great thing to do with kids....maybe someday we'll participate.  4-h is such a great thing.  I raised guide dogs growing up and it teaches a lot about animals, responsibility and the community.  So that was our night at the fair.  I was so tired at the end of the day my legs hurt.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons