I'm free!

I got my post-op x-ray yesterday, after 10.5 weeks of recovery.  I have been using a cane and I felt good about my progress, so I was pretty confident the x-ray would look good.  Since I read x-rays, I asked to see my own.  The tech refused, and I was like, "I gotta see it."  Finally, she relented and I had a look.  I said, "See?  No evidence of heterotopic ossification.  It looks good." 

So I emailed my doctor, and I almost told him what my findings were.  But I just said that I was pleased.  He concurred.  So I am free to do full weight-bearing!  Yesssssss!  Eh, I pretty much already knew that.  I'm still a little wobbly, so I might use the cane here and there.  When I ride my bike, though, the leg feels good.  Solid. 

Comments

Jenny said…
Great news Danny! I just mailed you and Heidi a Christmas card but I didn't know your new address so I got your business address off this blog and sent it to your office. I hope that works :)
Chelle said…
Yay! That's so exciting! Glad to hear you'll be back on Little Bike in no time. :)
Happy to hear your great news!
Jacquie said…
Heidi must have been using my computer and forgot to log out...I'm happy for you!
Isom Crew said…
Yay! That's such good news. :)
Dan-o said…
We are so glad that you are back in fine form! It is always comforting when a surgery goes right! Glad you have them both done now and won't have to go through that again.
Dan-o
Aubrey said…
Woo hoo!! I just read over your blog and got caught up on your life. You and Heidi are awesome, and your kids make my heart very warm. I know exactly what it is like to be down and dependent on something just to walk. I celebrate this moment with you!! Cheers to you all.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons