Uncle Rich's Funeral

My Grandma's brother passed away and I decided very last minute to go to New Jersey to his funeral.  I didn't know how it would all work out but I really felt like I needed to be there.  I found a red eye to fly out Thursday night and be there in time for the funeral Friday morning.  My flight was delayed and I thought I was going to miss my connecting flight in Arizona but all the flights got delayed because the airport was shutdown from rain.  Phew!  I took the subway and bus to the chapel and my family was there.  It was so great seeing everyone!  The funeral was nice and afterward we went to a really great Italian restaurant that they opened up for the family.  It was great catching up with my mom's cousins and all their kids who are my age. As much time passes in between visits, I just feel this immediate connection and love for our Jersey family.  They were my mom and Grandma's life.  My grandma and her brother had a unique relationship.  He was such a connection from our family to our Jersey family.  I was so grateful for the brother that he was to my grandma. The coolest thing to see was how everyone just took care of everyone.  The family had 3 loses within about a month so when I was there was a lot of grief.  Sue travels about an hour every morning to pick up her great nieces and bring them to school.  Cindy helped Janine with pick ups and drop offs whenever she could since John was so sick.  Denise watched her grandkids whenever she could.  It was so refreshing seeing a family just working together to help in whatever way they could to make everyones lives better with nothing needed in return.  Helping to help.  Loving to love.  It reminded me so much of my parents.  It made me miss them and made me so grateful for a family that was all about unconditional love and help for a family.  Having an Italian family is something to be so proud of because there is something about being there for each other no matter what, no judgement, just love for your family. It was a magical week that I will forever treasure. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons