Feel Better Grandma


Scott and Tyler want to tell Grandma that they miss her and hope she is feeling better real soon. Scott wants someone to play with in the sandbox and Tyler wants someone to rock him. As many of you know, my mom, Jacquie was diagnosed last month with CLL or Chronic lymphocytic leukemia, a type of leukemia, or cancer of the white blood cells(lymphocytes). Further testing has shown that the cancer is probably in the early stages and hasn't rapidly spread which is great. She will need to get blood work done to monitor her white blood cell count to determine treatment options. For now, they aren't planning on doing anything. She hasn't been feeling well for the past two weeks with a 102 fever, so we have had to keep Tyler and the McMillan family away from Grandma and Grandpa for infection control. My mom has been in the hospital for the past two days and will hopefully be released soon. They are not sure what has attacked her body. It might be harder for her to fight infections due to the CLL. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We miss you mom!

Comments

The Cannons said…
Hooray hooray....you have a blog! This is the only way I stay in touch with people anymore. I didn't see any topless 50 year old women, but we did play platanca...weird..we really did. Funny you mentioned it. Keep in touch Hermana.
The Cannons said…
Ok, I should really read your post before I write a comment. How insensitive do I look right now writing "hooray hooray" when you announce that your mom has cancer. I am still really excited that you have a blog but sad for your mom. She's definitely in our prayers. It's the least I can do for all the cookies she sent me in Spain.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons