Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Be As A Little Child

What better way to start your morning than go to the temple?  My temple attendance has not been great since I had Tyler.  I am with the kids in the day and work at night which is no excuse, but I needed to find a time tht works for me.  I decided to try out the 5:30AM session this morning and LOVED it!  It got me up and I was back before 8 to be mom.  I think Danny and I are going to trade off weeks for this hidden treasured time. We would love company if you want to join us.  Plus it only took me about 20 minutes to get there.  Last night I mentioned to Danny I was going to go to the temple so of course during FHE Scott kept asking about Temples.  We referred to the temple as the Lord's house, looked at pictures and said how we learn about and are close to Jesus there.  This morning as soon as I returned home Scott kept asking me something.  I was talking to Danny and not really listening to Scott.  After about the fifth time I realized Scott was saying, "Mommy, did you see Jesus at the temple?" How cute is that? It was a reminder to be as little children.  Scott learned last night the temple is the Lord's house which clearly means in a 3 year olds mind that I was visiting Jesus this morning.  Just that makes me want to go to the temple more often.

2 comments:

ChrisnDave said...

Sooooooooo sweet. I LOVE having this opportunity, as a mom, to see the world though a child's eyes once again - its so wonderful!

Julia M. said...

What a precious experience! And I love that you are involved in the advisory board. I guess some people CAN do it all! :)