Sunday, April 12, 2009

No More Peanuts

Tyler gets these little welts/hives on his hands, face, feet, sometimes entire body sporadically. My concern was if it was a blood pressure/heart issue. I know it isn't logical, but sometimes things aren't logical. In the ER I tried to explain the bumps to the doctors and Tyler suddenly got some a couple and it was concluded he has an allergy. His cardiologist laughed at the things this child encounters. So the narrowing down begins which I am not very good at. We were at the beach and after he had a pb&j sandwich they appeared on his neck and face. I have yet to exclusively give him peanut butter again, but am leaning towards that. Wish me luck on my allergy detective skills. I am too laid back to figure this stuff out. Update: I just gave him a little bit of a yummy peanut butter chocolate candy and a welt appeared. Problem solved. I'll call his nurse and see what she wants us to do.

2 comments:

allison said...

Oh that Tyler likes to keep you on your toes! I miss the little guy! Glad to see that his heart is doing well....even if he has other issues here & there:)
Happy Easter!

The Boz said...

No peanuts, peanut butter, reeses pieces or peanut butter cups...can't this kid get a break? Jeez! Well- good detective work. Love and miss you.