Earthly Angels

We had a statewide conference that really impacted me. It was about California, but I think is applicable to so much more. It was about seeking Zion, the 'pure in heart', wherever we are. We have seen people leaving California in search for a better place to live; cheaper, more conservative, more youth, etc. While these are good to seek, I got the message that they can be found wherever you are. The "grass is greener sydrome" is a hard outlook to have. If I lived there, if I had this job, if my kid was more, if I was... This attitude isn't always the key to true happiness. I am privledged to know people who would be happy wherever they are, whatever they are asked to endure or do and whomever they are surrounded by. They find the positives, they seek after purity, they surround themselves with good and they radiate happiness.

Here are a few of them...

My Sister - Anyone who knows Heather knows that she finds the positive. She is a great new mom! Roman ranks up there with Tyler for fussy baby sydrome. He had trouble nursing due to a traumatic birth, yet she endured with patience and success. Amidst his constant crying, when most would be frustrated and complaining, she continues to dwell on the absolute miracle he is.
Christi- A mission companion who finds the beauty of the earth and the beauty of people wherever she goes. Every companion blesses you with a unique perspective and goodness. She continues to teach me about Christ-like love and charity. She creates adventures and fun.
http://dcromney.blogspot.com/
Andrea & Owen Simmons- a heart mom and her son who teaches me to love and smile no matter what. They are always seeking hope and peace in Christ. They inspire me. Owen is a little younger than Tyler with the same condition. We are praying Owen recieves a new heart which he desparately needs. In the meantime he continues to be an absolute love.
http://simmonsfamilyupdate.blogspot.com/
Jenny - A friend from college who had every reason to complain from arthritis pain in college, yet never once did and instead chose to radiate happiness and a positive outlook to all. She is an amazing person in so many ways.
http://essentiallysimple.blogspot.com/
Julia & Ben -Danny's cousins. They are always happy and seeking and sharing the good in others. I think that is a wonderful trait to have.
I feel blessed by the silent and quiet example of these 5 individuals. We talked about spiritual and earthly angels in church today. I feel surrounded by amazing people who bless my life in countless ways. I think we are so often blessed by others by the way they live. There are so many more who I want to highlight. Thank you for blessing me and making me a better person!

Comments

Julia M. said…
Heidi, that was very kind of you, yet very unexpected! You have such a big heart and are such an incredible example of faith, love, and finding joy in the journey. I want to be more like you!
Heather said…
Heidi...thank you so much for the posting. Sometimes I think you give me too much credit. You are my inspiration on what I hope to be as a mother and your selflessness. I love you so much. Thank you for the sweet note!
dayna said…
What a beautiful tribute to some blessed friends! We miss you. Where do your parents live and how long will you be there? Let's catch up soon...any park days planned?
The MacMizzles said…
Awww...what a beautiful post, and I could not agree more with you than what you said about Julia and Ben. They are really great people.

This is such a great way to end my day.
cici said…
Perhaps you should look in the mirror. I nominate you and your hubby for Earthly Angels after all you have been through
with your babies and you are still finding the good in things and helping and sharing your hope with others in need.
Your little guardian angel Carl Lavar is very proud of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons