Sunday, December 2, 2018

Scouts

Scott and Tyler are in Scouts.  I really like the program and am grateful they get to do it.  I am excited about the new program the church is coming out with to replace scouts because I know that it will be inspired and totally amazing whatever it is.

On Wednesday after school we go to Tyler's scout leaders home to work on scouts.  She lives on this amazing property she has converted into a "scout land".  Tyler gets to learn all about outdoor living, safety, emergency prep, fires, etc by amazing leaders and in this beautiful setting that is about 10 minutes away. My other kids get to roam around and enjoy the outdoors in this little oasis.

Whenever I am there I am in awe of how lucky we are and how grateful I am.  I decided to take pictures this past week so I wouldn't forget a little slice of their childhood.  Swinging, playing, zip-lining, watching the chickens and horses. Parker almost crashed into the tree at the end of the zipline when a kid decided to accelerate him half way through.  I am pretty certain he was saved by a ministering angel.  I think that is a common in my kids lives. Maybe even why Carl needed to be part of our family. Part of me thinks it would be awesome to live 200 years ago when kids roamed free and learned to work really really hard just to live.






No comments: