Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Perfect Saturday

We have about another month of Saturdays until swim meets start. It has been really nice to have a lot of free Saturdays.  Danny has usually worked on Saturdays and since he bought his new practice, we have had free Saturdays.  It is actually really nice!

We work hard during the week and it makes the weekend seem so nice and relaxing.  I have been working on our backyard a little bit.  I pulled out a couple of ugly bushes and it makes the backyard seem bigger.  I want to put compacted sand under the trampoline instead of dead grass and get a patio table for the concrete.  Clean and simple to maintain.  Danny has been really into buying fruit trees lately.

For a while we didn't know if we would end up in Brentwood or Walnut Creek and all of a sudden when Danny bought his Walnut Creek practice and I handed the decision over to the Lord to guide us I felt this incredible desire to stay in Brentwood.  I love my home.  The layout is perfect and the location is the BEST!!  With that said, there are minor things I want to change to make it easier to clean.  Wood floors instead of tile in the kitchen, new carpet upstairs, white cabinets in the kitchen to make it brighter and granite countertops.  I am not one to care much about the details of a home but there are a couple of things that I think will make it is easier to clean and make me happier.  My parents had white kitchen cabinets and they made me happy.  So those are the few things I want to do.  I kind of want to put in fake grass but I do love how real grass feels. I think if we had less of the grass, that will be my compromise.  I am all about simplicity.

Today we had a great Saturday.  Danny got up around 6am to help with the ward breakfast. The Elders Quorum did a great job and we had a lot of fun!


.


We came home and cleaned up a little bit.  Then we decided to go to the Sacramento Temple.  The Oakland Temple is closed for about a year so we loaded up the kids and went for a last minute trip.  Tyler stayed home because he has been sick all week with a headache and off we went.  Danny and Scott were able to do baptisms and then I did initiatories after.  It was the perfect day.  Not too cold and not too hot.  The little kids had a great time exploring the temple grounds.  It is surrounded by nature and was a great day for them.

















On the way home we needed gas and happened to be at a circle K so of course got hot cocoa and slurpees.  The kids got along, we got home around 5pm, grabbed some chinese and came home to Tyler feeling better.

It was a great day!  I am so grateful for the temple.  It is amazing how many blessings we have because of temples.  I love doing initiatories to be reminded of so many incredible blessings and the strength of our mind and body and what we are capable of.

The past couple of months I have been so inspired to reach a greater capacity.  I feel like the Lord has blessed me with health and strength and certain talents and really want to seek them out and do what He wants.  I have realized what makes me happy and what doesn't make me happy and so excited what the future has in store!

President Nelson blessed us with time to get to the temple and I saw that in action today.  I hope to get there once a month with our family.  It is amazing that Scott is old enough to do baptisms.  I know the more we incorporate Him into our lives, the happier we will be.

No comments: