Saturday, April 28, 2018

A new Calling

Danny got called into the Elder's Quorem.  He is with Britton, Rusty and Gordon who in my opinion are amazing men.  When I talked to Britton he said that he wanted men who were no drama and got along with everyone and that pretty much sums up those 4 men.

The church did away with EQ and High Priests.  Now everyone is in EQ.  I think it will be such a great change.  It will streamline taking care of people.  I think that it will also help unify the men to one purpose and one group.

I know Danny is going to love his calling and the men that he serves with and serves.  I am excited to see how this change helps the church and ward.  With that said, he was in his dream calling.  He was primary chorister.  I have never seen Danny shine and be so into a calling.  It truly is a calling that all of his talents work miraculously together.  He is so good with kids.  He is an amazing music teacher.  He does fun games and songs.  He has fun and it shows.  He is an amazing primary music leader.  When Britton called him he knew how much he LOVED his calling so said that he would allow him to stay in Primary so they are going to see how it goes.  For now, he really wants to try to do both.  We will see if in time that will be too hard or he feels like he needs to be with the qourem on Sunday. He might just need sometime to say goodbye to his primary calling or maybe he will be able to do both just fine. Time will tell.  It was really fun for me to see him so into his calling.  Those kids were so blessed!  Our kids were really blessed.  I am not musical at all but love music and am affected by music.  I remember my conversion and what a blessing music was to me.  It gave me so much hope and peace and am grateful Danny blesses our family with music.

I continue to be Gospel Doctrine Teacher.  This is my 4th year.  I started with New Testament, then Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and now Old Testament.  Makes my life seem to go extremely fast.  Not quite sure how that went so fast.  I love it.  I love teaching.  I love spending more time with the scriptures.  I am not able to do much during the week when I work so this is the perfect calling for me right now.  I wouldn't mind staying here forever.  This week I got to sub in Seminary and LOVED that!  Maybe that will be my next calling.  I was scared I was going to be so tired the entire day but it wasn't too bad.  It was such an amazing way to start the day.  Everyone says what a blessing it is to teach seminary and it really is.  Those kids are amazing. What an incredibly inspired program!  I am so grateful my kids will get to go to seminary in high school.  I was so impressed by how faithful and amazing those kids are.

I was so impressed by the Seminary president.  He was an 84 year old guy who had the room set up perfectly and neatly.  Chalk boards set out, binders open, hymn book out.  It was so nice to come into such a neat and set up room.  I got to talk to him briefly afterward. He retired over 10 years ago and said after a weekend that he was bored and so decided to go back to work at ACE.  He worked there for 10 more years and when he turned 80 went to his boss and told him he needed to stop punching a clock because he had a lot of things he needed to do.  He then went to remodel his daughters home which she wanted to sell.  He knocked out walls and remodeled the home.  It was so inspiring listening to him.  He was a man who loved to work and gained great fulfillment in life through work.

Somehow I want to instill that in my kids.  I am not sure how to do that but it is something we definitely need to work on.



No comments: