Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mount Diablo Camping

Danny had thursday off, so we went camping on Wednesday night after work. Mt. Diablo is a beautiful place to camp that is right in our backyard. We were the only ones in the whole campground...besides an annoying raccoon and cayotes. Here we are climbing around in Rock City...very fun and Tyler and Scott wanted to be very daring and independent.
Enjoying a donut by the campfire.
A proud eagle scout.
yummy foil dinner made by me!Scott loved roasting marshmellows.We were actually comfortable even though it doesn't appear so in this picture. The boys fell asleep in no time after a busy day.




6 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I love camping.. except for having no bathroom and sleeping in a tent.. it's great! You can tell the boys loved it and I wanted to share Scotts marshmellow with him.. YUM!

Andrea

Unknown said...

How fun! I want to go. YOu'll have to tell me how to get there.

Jenny said...

what great views. Looks like a great spot!

Heather said...

So fun. I hope we can come next time. I love camping, but not visiting racoons or coyotes. SCARY!!!

Dan-o said...

I'm jealous. Mt. Diablo is a beautiful place and it looks like you're having some great fun times. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun; which sites are best? Did you see the group site? Thanks!