Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Having a Heart Baby

I have done a lot of thinking about life with an HLHS baby. Every once in a while we get to talk to parents who are deciding what plan to follow with their baby. This decision is so personal and one that takes much pondering, prayer and reflection. Danny and I always knew that we were going to do everything in our power to give Tyler a chance at life and that ultimately the Lords will would come to pass. I think the Lord knew that I wouldn't be able to do anything different. With that said, I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have the opportunity to be his mother and for the amazing things that he has taught and continues to teach me. I am grateful that we live our life each day treasuring the day. I think the miracle is found when you realize the blessing of motherhood and your children. I am grateful the Lord has blessed me with this perspective and attitude. Tyler's heart condition for us in some ways is a non-issue. It is what it is and we will have hard times in the future, but no matter what, I recognize the absolute blessing of each day and our knowledge of an eternal family. Each day I tell Tyler and Scott how how blessed I feel to be their mother. It is a blessing I can't possibly put into words and one that Tylers experiences heart helped teach me.

No comments: