Tylers Cardiology Update

Tyler is doing great. We introduced him to solids which he loves probably because the alternative is a horrible tasting formula or meds. I am sure peas and bananas are heavenly for him. He has been home for 10 days and gained over a pound. Can you believe it? Prior to surgery he didn't gain any weight for about 2 months due to his heart, postponed surgery and liver. The boy is now up to 12 lbs 5 oz. He left the hospital around 11 pounds. Still lots to gain, but we are just so proud of him. They took out his chest tube stitches today. His oxygen sats were 92. His heart seems to be doing well. We have another echo in 1 month and possible cardiac cath to further examine the need for an angioplasty for stenosis of his pulmonary artery. If they decide he needs a cath he will go back to UCSF in about 6 weeks. The procedure is minor compared to his surgeries but still has risks involved. We know the doctors will make the right decisions for Tyler. We feel so blessed to have such a great medical team.

Comments

Kerry Hoaglund said…
I am so happy that he's on solids! Good for him! I hope he continues to grow and get better. It's good to hear that things are going up for you! You are in our thoughts!
Unknown said…
Look out Joshua there is a new chubster in town! I can't believe he's gained so much so fast! That's great!
Allison
The MacMizzles said…
Yeah! I love peas and bannanas too. I tried Oliver's formula once, and decided that I was super proud of him for only eating it. I am super excited that all his stats look so good. 92 is awesome on Oxygen, go McMillans!
Julia M. said…
Hooray! I'm so glad he's doing better and gaining weight. What a relief. Medical advancements are amazing.
Paris Bucklew said…
Heidi,
Glad to hear Tyler is doing so well! I would love to get my hands on the little chunker! We should defintely get together for lunch when your schedule allows. Big hugs to your beautiful boys!
azufelt said…
It's such a relief to see them gain weight and fatten up a little bit. Also seeing those O2 Sats in a normal range... no parent can ever dream about how reassuring that feeling is! I'm so glad he's doing great!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons