Sunday, October 18, 2015

Walt's memorial dinner

Last night we celebrated Walt's memorial in the form of a dinner at his Walnut Creek home.  We got the kids dressed up in their "nice but not church" clothes, I did Tyler and Kira's hair, and I just had to take their picture.  Of course, I bribe them with the iPad to do their hair.  I'm trying to get Tyler's to look like the Bieb's.  Even though Justin Bieber is immature, he does have nice hair.  Tyler has the best on-cue smile.  He's always down for a photo.


Kira's on-cue smile isn't the best.  I had to tickle her to get a natural smile but then I was using the 50 mm 1.8, and I had to move away, re-focus, and then shoot.  Still, I was happy with this.

They were all taking this picture with their cell phones, and when I showed up, the kids' attention span was done.  Here's the best.  Scott's smirk is like Han Solo's.  "I ain't in it for your revolution, princess, and I ain't in it for you.  I'm in it for the money."


Paisley and Kira.

Good old Cochise.






Erich Lietz, Walt's cousin

Bob Maddox

Some of the speeches got a little long-winded


Heinz Lietz, Walt's cousin

Scott read a poem by Walt's dad, entitled The Perfect Son

Pete spoke without the microphone


Mister was pretty happy throughout the service


Albert Lau was Walt's co-worker at Bank of America


Food catered by Wilma Lot

Scott couldn't wait to finish his reading so he could get out of his nice clothes.  This is the R2-D2 shirt he picked out himself.

Everyone always comments on what a good public speaker Heidi is.


It was a good service.  Between 60-70 people were in attendance.  

4 comments:

To Be Determined said...

I so wish I could have been there. It looks like it was a beautiful reflection of such a great man. He would have been proud Heidi and Heather. Hugs. Tears. Love you!

Chelle said...

You sure capture some great moments Danny. I think it's hard to get natural smiles out of my kids too. That's why, when I take their pics, I have Jared stand behind me and make them giggle. "The Perfect Son" poem sounds so sweet! i'm sure it was a wonderful service. I sure liked Walt. I'll always remember him leaning down over Turin, who was 4 mos old at the time, and saying, "So. Torino." :)

DavidandJuliann said...

We have been thinking about you Heidi. It was so good to see you when you came to Utah. Love the pictures. Hugs to all!

cici said...

Jacquie and Walt together again... Now that's Heaven!
Prayers you feel the Peace they feel and you will carry on their legacy
xo