Teachers

Every year I just feel like Scott and Tyler get exactly who they need as teachers.  I don't request teachers but put down their needs and pray that the Lord will place them with the perfect teacher for them.

Scott is somewhat a perfectionist so I always want him to have someone nurturing and positive.  I also really wanted him to have a good reading teacher.  We got a teacher who is so kind and gentle, teaching forever and a great reading teacher.  She does plays and art that reminds me of when we were kids.  I feel so blessed!  I was so impressed at back to school night how organized and great his teacher is at what she does.  It is also incredible the resources these kids have.  They watch these fun animated math clips and have electronic books they get to read at home.  No wonder they are so much smarter than we were at this age (and that parents are pushing their kids to be superkids which don't agree with and hope will eventually shift trends).

Tyler's teacher is perfect for her.  She talked tonight about how she has a child development background and really seems in tune with how unique kids are and what there different needs are.  So far she has been so great with Tyler and communicating his needs.  He has had a great 2nd week.  Thanks to lots of prayers.  On Monday he asked Danny for a blessing which he never does.  I thought he wasn't feeling good and asked why he wanted a blessing and he said, "So I can be happy at school and so I can have some boy friends."  He said he just has girl friends and really wanted to play with boys.  Danny gave him the sweetest blessing.  He was blessed with maturity and the skills necessary to make friends.  He was told how proud Heavenly Father was of him at school.  And so many other great promises.

Sure enough at back to school night moms told me how they all talk about Tyler.  They were girls.  They said Tyler is the only name they can remember and talk about.  I wonder if boys are more active and it is hard to keep up or if it is harder to initiate hanging with the boys. Who knows.  Yesterday the missionaries came over and asked if we needed anything and we told them to pray for Tyler to make a boy friend.  Today he said he made a boy friend.  Can't remember his name but came home one happy kid.  That is the greatest feeling as a parent.  I hope he has a boy friend tomorrow.  If not, I think he is lucky to have girl friends.

I am excited to volunteer this year.  Last year I couldn't and I am excited to be a part of their day at school even if it is just once a week for an hour or so.  Kris always made time to be a part of her kids activities and field trips and that impacted me from afar.  I realized you just have to make the time and it is sooo worth it. Even if it means getting a babysitter.  Luckily Danny has off one morning for Scott's hour and my parents wanted to come out once a week and help with the Kira and Blake for Tyler.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons