Monday, October 26, 2009

Track day

Miles and I went to the track in Fernley, NV, near Reno. I drove his Toyota MR2 with a 2.2 liter fuel injected mid-position inline four. He used our exploder with a 4.0 v-6 to tow his Caterham. I stayed in a 2 star casino for 34.99, but it was fine.

There were only 9 of us racing, and 2 were beginners. I didn't do too badly. My favorite part was dropping into second for turn eight, skidding the tail around, and regaining control like Lightning McQueen.

Some of the cars I was up against

Good old spicy chicken sandwich

Miles' caterham


3 comments:

Danny McMillan said...

what a fun weekend!! So glad you had such a great time.

Scott McMillan said...

from me, not you.

Dan-o said...

Wow. That does look fun. That makes the go karts at Trafalga look pretty whimpy. How fast do those babies go? I watched Ewen McGregor on Leno last night and he did pretty good around a track in an electric Ford. But Dr. Phil did beat his time, so maybe he wasn't all that fast. :-)

School starts and the beach trip

  11th grade at Northgate 6th grade at Foothill 4th grade at Valle Verde Ralph did not want his picture taken Normal amount of contempt from...