Monterey Bay Aquarium

There are some great perks of homeschooling. One of them is more free time to play, hang out with friends (both moms and kids) and go adventuring.  It has been great to change my mindset of learning and growing vs going to school to learn.  I used to feel like the kids had to go to school to learn. I am so much more flexible in learning there are so many different ways to learn, different ways to become a better human, friend and tighter family.

On Monday we went to homeschool day at Monterey Bay Aquarium.  It is a great aquarium and was a gorgeous day.  A couple of friends stayed the night before and I debated but decided I wanted to be home on Sunday to refuel.  We hit little traffic and enjoyed a couple hours in the morning looking at the otters, penguins, fish and so much more.  I love the little kid area to just hang out.  Parker is challenging wherever we go and that is hard.

Around 2 we went to the beach and had a great time.  As much as I love the Monterey Bay Museum being outside is always my favorite.  My kids can roam, play in sand, climb rocks and just enjoy.  I have 6 really active kids so being out and doing is always happiness for me.  I wish I brought the kids suits.  I thought about it right before leaving and thought it would be too cold.  It wasn't and the kids played for about an hour before getting too cold in clothes.  Went to in n out and headed home  It was a great day with friends but I was tired when we got home.

These are all from Shawna's facebook post.  I haven't gotten mine off my phone.  It was a GORGEOUS day!!  The best part of these photos are seeing a smile on Blakes face.  In so many ways it seems like forever ago that he was a kid who couldn't go out.  Who struggled beyond words.  Heartbreaking.  When I see these, some of those memories come back and I realize what a different person he is and have so much to be grateful for.  I know time would have helped no matter what, but feel so grateful to be able to homeschool him to accelerate the healing. The Lord has blessed us with an incredible homeschool community and new perspective.  There are definitely some days that I am so tired and think I am crazy for doing this, but I wouldn't change it for these smiles and these two years with my little ones.  It is a period in parenting that I will be forever grateful for! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Swim Lessons

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery