Book Of Mormon Challenge

General Conference was so great!!  So many things to enrich the lives of our family and children.  I am so eager to start them.  A friend of mine does "Mile Monday" with her kids that we run a mile and then we play soccer after.  I totally forgot about it last monday because vacation.  Blake told me it was time to go to Monday mile so we hopped in the car, hanna in PJ's and oatmeal to eat there. Anything Blake is excited about I am down for.  We talked about President Nelson and what a diligent and dedicated man he is.  Electronics and wasted time has been on my mind so much lately.  I see kids and adults on phones all the time.  I worry about that influence in my kids life and our culture.  I feel like I need to be on the offensive.  She talked about reading the book of mormon and the incredible blessing it has been in her home and how when her husband started the challenge with her blessings doubled.  So I decided for FHE we would all start the challenge together.  Kids included.  Obviously, I need to read to the younger three but the older three can totally do it.  So I found some bookmarks from some amazing blogger for reading the book of mormon in 60 days.  We finished week 1 and the kids are all really into it.  It is usually about 5 chapters a day.  I have already noticed a difference in our home.  I know it will help prepare us for the new year with new church curriculum.  We are so blessed!  I am grateful we started.  One week at a time.  We are all holding each other accountable.

Comments

Chelle said…
Wow that’s amazing!! I love the BOM so much...I hope my kids will develop that same love. Right now none of them read it on their own and it makes me sad. We read as a family every day but I wish it were longer. That’s great your kids are so into it!

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons