Danny the Dad

If I can think of one thing that Danny was meant to be it is a Father.  He is like a kid at heart which equals the best dad in the world.  When Danny is home he has a kid or four around him in whatever he is doing.  He is always teaching and involving them in his projects (even when it means the project will last 10 hours instead of 1).  He finds time to do things they want to do like fishing which isn't his idea of fun.  He has extreme patience.  He takes the kids each morning so that I can sleep.  He always makes breakfast for us.  He teaches them piano.  He does these things with a cheerful heart.  He is the dad in the pool that is throwing our kids up in the air and playing marco polo.  He works so hard each day as a dentist just to come home and work  play as a dad.  He reads to them.  He makes sure that he is at their special events.  His family comes first.  He speaks Spanish to them which I am sure is tiring.  He leads them by example. I don't know how we got so lucky but we did and I am eternally grateful for the dad Danny is every single day.  It is a job he never gets a break from that he does so well each day.  When I get asked how I manage 4 kids so young, I tell people they have an amazing dad.  Without him I couldn't do it.  We love you Danny!  






ID

Comments

Chelle said…
Happy Father's Day Danny! You really are an awesome dad. I love the pic of all the kids with you on Bessie. :) Priceless.
Julia M. said…
I am impressed by Danny, too. Heidi, you're an awesome mom! Your kids really got lucky to have the two of you as parents.
DavidandJuliann said…
Definitely agree.
DavidandJuliann said…
Definitely agree.

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Periacetabular Osteotomy "Hip" Surgery

Swim Lessons