Tyler did pretty good. His IV's kept failing which was a pain. I was not on my A game during his first IV attempt when I let two different people poke him before asking for the best. The resident told me she was confident in herself and would try one more time. I politely said that I believed her but wanted to know who the best was. Luckily the charge nurse came in who I LOVE, heard our conversation and immediately got an attending cardiologist and anesthesiologist. They reminded me this was a training hospital and I needed to be firm. My only job in the hospital is to keep Tyler happy so I did a better job throughout our stay with that.
The best part of the stay was ice-cream and chicken nuggets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The first two days we couldn't go to the playroom because he was on ICU status. It got much better when he went from the intensivist/cardiologist care to just cardiologist care.
I met with the surgeon around 5pm, one last pre-op set of labs were taken at 6:30 and suddenly around 30 minutes later a surgeon came came to tell us something came up with Tony, the lead surgeon and his surgery was cancelled. They felt really bad and we were home by 9pm.
So for now we just wait to hear from UCSF. We were hoping to be out of the hospital by Christmas so we could go to Utah but now we will have to stay. We know that the Lord is over this whole plan and have faith that everything will happen in his timing. Until then, we will really enjoy the time we have with Tyler and our family.
Grammy came out from Utah for the second time to help with the kids during surgery. While it was an inconvenience for everyone, we made the most of it and all had fun playing with Grammy for the rest of the week. So instead of surgery we went bowling.